Quick Recommend is a simple plugin for sharing book, movie, music and other recommendations on your blog. If these recommendations are not the primary focus of your blog, Quick Recommend is for you. Simply add a new Recommendation in the admin screen and then attach it to a post for it to show after your main post text. (See it in action here.)
The plugin adds the Recommendation custom post type and the associated custom taxonomy Recommendation Type. QRec relies on Advance Custom Fields, which is included in the plugin package.
Quick Recommend offers control over how your recommendations appear on the front end, as well as options to show recommendations in search results and enable a Recommendations Archive.
This is just the first version of Quick Recommend! If you have any ideas for new features, let us know, or help us develop on GitHub. If you like this plugin, you can also encourage us to keep working on it by donating via PayPal below.
Our plugin was approved and is now available for download from the WordPress Plugin Repository or directly through your blog’s Plugins screen.
Please note that Quick Recommend is still being reviewed by WordPress and is not yet available. Look for an update on this page.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/quick-recommenddirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in WordPress
- Use the Recommend→Options screen to set your search, archive and display preferences
- You may need to refresh your Permalink Settings in order for the Recommendation Archives to work. Go to Settings→Permalinks and click Save Changes. You don’t need to make any changes.
- Go to Recommend→Add Rec. and create one or more Recommendations.
- That’s it! You’re ready to include your Recommendations at the bottom of your posts.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question not answered below, get in touch.
Can I attach one Recommendation to multiple posts?
Yes! Recommendations can be attached to as many posts as you want, but each post can only have one Recommendation.
What features are you planning to add?
For now, just improvements to existing features. For example, right now you can only select one Recommendation per post. In coming revisions I will add the option to select more than one Recommendation, and have a random one display at a time.